Why am I Running the New York City Marathon?

Sunday, April 18, 2010
For those of you who don't know...I'M RUNNING THE NEW YORK CITY MARATHON!

I am absolutely stoked! I can't tell you how excited I am! I can't believe I'm going to be running in the biggest marathon in the world!

But what I'm more excited about is why I'm running the biggest marathon in the world. I'm running on Team Boomer, the athletic team of the Boomer Esiason Foundation. Many of you know that Boomer Esiason has a son with cystic fibrosis. Some of you might not know what he has done since learning his son has this disease. Please take a moment to look over the website to see what the foundation has been working on.

At any rate, I'm going to run under the BEF for the New York City Marathon. I'm really excited about it, and I hope you will join me in my training and efforts to raise money, awareness, and hope for those who struggle with CF.

So as far as running goes, I'm working towards the NYC Marathon with a number of smaller races along the way. I will be posting occasionally about those races, my training program, and other news of that sort. I hope to continue to promote the things that are important to use as the great big CF family. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

How exciting!!!