Taking Advantage of a Hospital Stay

Monday, May 20, 2013
As you know, Sam is in the hospital and will probably be in for the next week or so (read about her stay here). My question for the CF community is: Do we do a big fundraising campaign to take advantage of the situation? Cystic Fibrosis is on the minds of all of our friends, family, coworkers...everyone...because of his hospitalization. We've had a few dry years as far as fundraising goes and Alicia brought this up as a possibility.

I'd love your thoughts on this as it's something I'm very willing to do. We've had a hard time really connecting to the CF community in Chicago/Milwaukee, but it doesn't excuse our responsibility to work hard for a cure.

The biggest disadvantage I can think of off the top of my head is that it seems a little underhanded to ask everyone for money when all everyone is trying to do right now is just support us as lovingly as possible. I don't want to take advantage of people, just the situation that we're in at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.

So, what do you think? Should we make a big push?

0 comments: