A New Acronym: ARDS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009
I have written fairly extensively about diseases in the Autosomal Recessive Spectrum, of which cystic fibrosis is a member. I plan on continuing to write on occasion about the various problems encountered by those of us affected by the diseases contained in this spectrum because I believe we can learn from each other. Every one of the diseases has a small population base, which gives us yet another thing in common.

But honestly it gets a little odd to type Autosomal Recessive Disease Spectrum five times or so in an article about the spectrum of diseases, so from now on, you will undoubtedly see the acronym ARDS. I have done some searching on the internet and so far I haven’t found anyone who has anything better, or even another acronym at all, so I feel confident in that I can take the liberty to create one.

We all have a stake in our respective diseases. Why not take the stand together?

0 comments: