Lifesharing Fundraiser Training Results WK1

Sunday, November 1, 2009
This week marked the first week of training for the upcoming Carlsbad Half Marathon. I'm very excited to take part in the half marathon and I look forward to raising some money for another good cause that has helped some local CFers in San Diego.
Of course, a person can't just decide to run 13.1 miles and survive. Lots of training goes into that. I'm reading about a lot of training programs now and I'll mention those blogs from time to time as I learn more about the process. Below, for those who are interested, are my current training results for the week ending on Sunday, 01 November 2009:

1.  Miles ran: 10.5
2.  Weight lost: 6.5 pounds (actually lost over two weeks)
3.  Money raised: $0 (just started)

This is for accountability as much as it is for show. A time will come through this process where I will undoubtedly lose some heart and motivation. I want to minimize the impact of that happening, so I expect a little good old accountability to kick in at that point.

So that is Week 1 training! I'll let you know next Sunday how week 2 goes!

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Way to go, Dan!!

jamie fox said...

Hi Dan


Many Thanks for your comment on my blog

I thought I would check out your blog and have really enjoyed reading it and will check back regularly to see how your getting on

Good Luck with your run and training and try to enjoy it its for an amazing cause

The Navy Christian said...

Thank you both for your encouragement. Jaimie, I hope your fundraising efforts go well also! I've subscribed to your blog and look forward to updates as well!