Great Strides in 7th Fleet

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Well, it’s time to start planning our Great Strides for the Antietam. Granted, we have until May, but something inside of me is saying “Dude…it’s going to take awhile to figure this all out. You should start now.” So I’m starting to put ideas together. The fact is, we won’t be in a country the exact time the Great Strides event is going on for San Diego, which is what Alicia will be doing. And since the Navy can’t technically sign off on it, we can’t do it on the ship, as I had first hoped.

So, let’s get some ideas rolling. It’s not a contest, so to speak, but I will definitely give a big shout-out to anyone giving us ideas. I have a few bouncing around in my head, but I will hold on to those for now. Here are the parameters for the event.

<>
  1. Probably won’t be able to get a long stretch of land to do an official 4 mile event.
  2. US Navy can’t sponsor it.
  3. Need to be able to have enough of an event to get some sort of notoriety. This is, after all, Great Strides!
<>Ok, so if you have some ideas, I’d really like to hear them! I’ll keep you all posted on how things progress and if I’m able to use any ideas. Thanks for everything, and keep fighting!

0 comments: