US Navy Flag Donation

Sunday, November 22, 2009

At the Well-Healed Gala this year, a flag was given away at auction and raised several thousand dollars. I was intrigued by that, and since I had a flag from deployment, we donated it to the local Cystic Fibrosis Foundation chapter here in San Diego for use in an upcoming event. Alicia and I purchased a fairly simple, but stylish display case (Pictured above) and delivered the flag and case to the CFF San Diego office.

Here is the caption I wrote for the flag:

A flag can represent a lot of things, good and bad. What it mostly does, however, is identify a cause, unit, or country. The United States flag presented here represents the country, yes, but also a cause. It is the cause that Americans can defeat any foe we face.

The foe, in this case, is cystic fibrosis. Your donation has and will help us fight back against a disease that affects over 30,000 people in the United States and countless others as family members. We will win, and you have helped. Thank you!


I am so grateful that the flag was auctioned off for $2000.00! I can't believe it raised that much money! Want to know something even better than that? The winner of the auction donated the flag back to the CFF San Diego for future use! That will hopefully allow it to continue to raise money year after year! I'm so happy to have been part of the event, even though I was actually underway at the time. I'm grateful that it raised so much money and that it will continue to generate funds at future events for the local chapter of the CFF.

0 comments: