Relearning Percussion Techniques

Monday, July 13, 2009

I learned this week, my second week home from deployment, that it takes awhile to relearn everything. For example, I wanted to get back to doing Samantha's breathing treatments and started that process by watching Alicia give Samantha her breathing treatments and chest PT. I freely admit that I was a little fearful about jumping back into that role.

Finally, one day, I decided to give it a try. That was about three days ago. I gave Sam her breathing treatment and then I started her Chest PT. I know it hurt her a little because she would wince some. So I would make minor changes to my process based on her reactions.

After it was over, I asked, "Sam, was that ok?"

She said, "You did it wrong daddy."

Ok, so I have some more learning to do!

0 comments: