Advocate: Senetor Feinstein's Response

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I just got an email from the office of Senator Diane Feinstein of California. That means that all three of my representatives have replied to me on my latest advocate campaign. It definitely feels like a success, and best of all, we were on the winning side! As you can see in the following:

<>Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you for contacting me regarding health coverage for children. I appreciate the time you took to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

<>I share your concerns for the approximately nine million children in the United States who lack health insurance. I have been a strong supporter of Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which is a federal-state partnership designed to provide health insurance coverage to low-income children. Research has shown that 62% of uninsured children are eligible for a publicly-funded health program, but are not enrolled. To improve this situation, I have supported legislation to provide outreach to increase the enrollment and participation in these health programs.

On January 16, 2009, Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) introduced the "Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009" (S. 275). The bill expands the CHIP eligibility, enabling states to provide an additional 4 million children with health care coverage. The bill reauthorizes this plan through 2013 and also allows states to cover pregnant women. I am pleased to inform you that on January 29th, I voted for and the Senate passed H.R. 2 by a vote of 66-32. I understand that this legislation is important for low-income children who suffer from serious diseases like cystic fibrosis. President Obama signed the bill into law on February 4, 2009.

Again, thank you for writing. Should you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours, Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup.

2 comments:

Graciy said...

That is so awesome thank you for sharing. I plan to share your blog with my mother in law I am sure she would love it.

The Navy Christian said...

Thank you for your comment! I appreciate your thoughts and hope that it inspires others to not only share with us on the blog (or share the blog with others), but to reach out to thier representatives as well!